On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:27:29 -0400
Charlie Obert <cxobert at goldengate.net> wrote:

> About reading and copying CDROMs - I have CDs that failed on copying
> under Linux, that I could copy under Windows2000 using Nero on the same
> machine, same CDROM read-write drive.

What software did you use to read & write the image?

Cdrdao under linux should be capable of just about anything that Nero can do in windows, but to deal with protected CDs, PSX / Dreamcast games etc, you need to specify some important options. A typical read process for a protected / PSX / DC disc would be:

cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --datafile [filename.bin] --device
[bus,id,lun] --driver generic-mmc-raw [filename.toc]

[filename.bin] - The actual image file
[bus,id,lun]   - The SCSI-address of the used device
[filename.toc] - The description file (Table Of Contents)

To burn the resultant .bin/.toc set, you would use:

cdrdao write --eject --speed [num] --device [bus,id,lun] --driver
generic-mmc [filename.toc]

Hope this helps.