Haven't had issues with Lilo needing a /boot partition, but I like grub
myself. The thing I really really miss about lilo is lilo -r.

lilo -r win
reboot

lilo -r 2.4.21
reboot

If I setup a box that I'll be admining remotely, I usually stick with
lilo. If a new kernel doesn't work, I can tell "cluless 'tech'" on duty to
power cycle my box.

Anway...to the real problem, which is that I'll be pulling this out of
my...well, you know..

/etc/lilo.conf:

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18
        label=Debian
        read-only
	root=/dev/hda1
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img-2.4.18

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.8.18
	label=Slack
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda5

Something like that *should* work...

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
 A password is like your underwear; Change it
 frequently, don't share it with others, and
     don't ask to borrow someone else's.