On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:16:48 -0500
Sam MacDonald <smac at visi.com> wrote:

> Thank You Shawn!   :-)
>
> Shawn wrote:
>
> >What I'd like to know is how in the hell do you guys have the time
> >for finding all these obscure "etiquettes" of mailing lists.
> >
> >I mean, I hardly have time for googling to fix/enhance things...

Well, to clarify this, as it's not meant to bash/flame anyone.

IMO, the ONLY reason anyone would have these netiquette or short snippets/websites of how things are/or supposed to be/should be/what have you is only for the sake of argument.  For me, the primary rules that apply to posting on the 'net are:

1)  Show some common courtesy and decency.
2)  When in doubt of any others, see rule #1.

Which, again IMO, flaming/argument is counterproductive to what we're here for.  For me, the TCLUG is here for helping people with Linux related problem/issues/concerns/etc.  A place for us to get together and discuss why we're here in the first place: Linux.  Yes things go off topic from time to time, I'm guilty of that myself.  But, it also shows a level of comfort, if you will, in that we can loosen up the tie and relax a bit.

In regards to David Phillips' posts, he does give a lot of good information and appears to know his stuff.  A lot more than me I will say!  At times, sure he can be annoying with how he posts.  Then again, we all are from time to time.

How about we all just relax and chill out a bit?  Speaking of which, when's the next beer meeting?  Any chance that these things run longer than 9:00pm from time to time?

--This has all been a personal opinion statement, with bad grammar.  The author requests that any and all replies to this regarding grammar corrections, flames, etc be sent to /dev/null instead of via an MTA.  Thank you.

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"