Part 1
Back in the DOS days I always liked to change my background color to
blue and my foreground color to white.
I did a "more" on "installer.log.1" the background turned blue and the
foreground color turned white.  I did a "ctrl-c" to get out of "more"
and it stayed.  At first I was sort of supprised and shocked, I thought
I'd done something wrong. I logged out and in and it stayed. I did a
"shutdown -r now" just to be sure something wasn't messed up. The screen
came back, black background and white foreground, why did I restart the
computer damb!

I'm just sort of curious as to why it would change?
    guess 1 the file is more then just a log file
    guess 2 the file is just a log file and I fat fingered something
    guess 3 the file is just a log file but it has and attribute in the
header that changes the color.

Now that I'm 44 I  need to have the change to make it easier to see the
screen  :-p  I'm sure it's just an attribute change in a "conf" file
somewhere.  If  I can't figure out how to make the color change I'll ask.

Part 2
When my machine starts I get the prompt to login as follows.
"debian login: eth0: media 10baset, silicon revision4"

I'm thinking it's a timing thing because this old laptop is, well old.
It would seam the final message about "eth0" coming up.  just pops in
after the "debian login:" prompt is displayed.

<in a spooky voice> Or is something odd going on...? </in a spooky voice>

Anyone encounter this before?

Sam.