Scot Jenkins wrote:
> Spencer J Sinn wrote:
>
>>The Slackware package I built is available at
>>http://frogtown.dynu.com/userx/ssh
>>
>>This was built, by me, from source this morning. It works fine
>>but I would recommend using the *Official* version from Slackware
>>when it comes out. :)
>

> would you mind posting the build instructions (build.sh) for this
> package?  No offense but I prefer to roll my own for the version of
> slack I'm running.   Maybe a README would be good to saying what version
> of the OS you built this on.
>
> thanks,

This was built for Slackware 9.0. I used doinst.sh from the -current
Slackware package, openssh-3.6.1p2-i486-2.tgz

If you are interested in building your ownhere is a mini-HOWTO:
Download the source package.
gunzip source.package.tar.gz
tar xvf source.package.tar
cd source.package
mkdir foo/install	# install is a dir in each Slack .tgz
			# that contains package specific installation
			# requirements
./configure --prefix=/local/path/to/foo # I always use foo as
					# build directory
make
make install
( YMMV on these commands. Different apps build differently. Read
INSTALL, README etc )
cd foo
makepkg new.package.name.tgz

voila! you have a new Slack package that may or may not work
depending on your install/doinst.sh script.

Spencer J Sinn