On Monday, Sep 15, 2003, at 20:37 US/Central, David Phillips wrote:

> Jima writes:
>>  It looks to me like he's been trolling at least once a month
>
> The problem with that statement is that generally ``a troll is
> categorized
> by containing some assertion that is wrong but not overtly
> controversial''.

A jackass by any other name is still a jackass.

> http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/troll.html
>
> You may disagree with what I say or how I say it, but that doesn't
> make it a
> troll.  If you would like some examples of real trolls, browse a
> Slashdot
> article mentioning BSD, and set the comment threshold to -1.

While you make a valid point, your posts are hardly any better.

> To the best of my knowledge, all facts I state are true.  All opinions
> stated are my own.

I, nor many other people would disagree with this statement. It is
however how you come off that seems to set people on edge. Try
re-thinking your posts from how a reader (who doesn't know you for
example) might construe your statements. How might the casual observer
_perceive_ your intent.

It might help lighten the atmosphere a bit and make the list more
enjoyable _and_ productive.

> Chad Wolstrom writes:
>> David, I hope you're getting a kick out of this thread.
>
> Oh, definitely.

You might want to get a hobby if you think this is fun.

--
Ben Lutgens       http://us-admins.com/~blutgens/
US Admins, Inc