Florin Iucha wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 09:38:08AM -0500, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
>
>>I am looking for a source code scanning tool that can find tokens withing
>>the code and then output what functions (in C or C++) the tokens were found
>>in.  Is there such a tool?  I would think that since a compiler does this
>>anyway, a simple tool ought to be available.
>

> ctags,
> cscope,
> cheers,
>
> florin

I recommend all the above tools as well.  For completeness sake, there is
also the "Source Navigator".  Here is the freshmeat blurb.

Source-Navigator 5.1.3
   by Mo (http://freshmeat.net/~momomoofthejungle/)
   Thursday, April 10th 2003 13:59

About:
Source-Navigator is a source code analysis tool. With it, you can edit your
source code, display relationships between classes and functions and
members, and display call trees. You can also build your projects, either
with your own makefile, or by using Source-Navigator's build system to
automatically generate a makefile. It works with the Insight GUI interface
for GDB, and supports C, C++, Java, Tcl, [incr Tcl], FORTRAN, and COBOL,
and provides an SDK so that you can write your own parsers.

Changes:
Batch mode has been fixed so that the project file is not deleted. Keyboard
menu shortcuts via the Alt key, symbol browser sorting after a save, tab
processing issues in the editor, the build window when used with Cygwin, a
problem with dialog flashing on screen twice, the icon for private members
in the class browser, and processing of VC++ compiler errors in the build
tool have all been fixed. File mod status is removed after all changes are
undone. Build notes have been updated to address a bug in Cygwin grep. It
will use insight as a debugger name instead of gdb, and center dialogs
properly.

Release focus: Minor bugfixes
       License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
   Project URL: http://freshmeat.net/projects/source-navigator/

             Homepage:
http://freshmeat.net/redir/source-navigator/9831/url_homepage/sourcenav.sourceforge.net
               Tar/GZ: