On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:09:25 -0500
Callum Lerwick <seg at haxxed.com> wrote:

> Its called User Private Groups and its Good For You(TM). Dunno why
> slack doesn't seem to be bothering moving to it, everyone else did,
> like, 5 years ago. ;P

=P  Back at ya!  lol

Personally, I like how Slack sets up the home dirs.  It matches the Unix distros for the most part, which is what I'm most familiar with.  Even with how Slack sets up home dirs, a member of the users group (again just using default as examples) can get into the person's home dir, but cannot read/write to it.  It is however executable.  On an internal, non-critical system, does it really matter?

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"