On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 01:22:47PM -0500, Raymond Norton wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 09:56:48AM -0500, Raymond Norton wrote:
> > Prior to sending this post I have built and installed apache with
> mod_perl.
> > I am not sure how to build the php module to work with this install. Can
> you
> > give me an example?
> >

> >Depending on your original Apache build, it may not be
> >as easy as building PHP and having it work.  Did you
> >build your Apache with DSO support ("mod_so")?
>
> I think the ticket program says not to do a DSO . If I remember right from
> the last time I did this in redhat 7.1, you had to build mod_perl right with
> apache. It would not work right if you added it to an existing install.
>
> (it's been a while)

A little googling ("apache static build mod_perl mod_php") turns up:

  http://www.hamptonandassociates.net/apache_tips.htm

Which has a recipe for making a static Apache with mod_php, mod_perl,
and a few other things.  I'm sure there are other pages that have
similar or better examples.

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota