Earlier this month I posted a question  on php not working after installing
an older version  (1.3) of Apache

This is what I need to do:

I have a redhat 9.0 box with apache 2.x. and php. I am setting up Request
Tracker ticketing program, which I have not been able to install properly
with this set up, so I want to disable apache 2.x and install 1.3. Request
tracker requires apache to be built with mod_perl. I also need php to work.
Below I have examples of how each should be done. How can I combine both, so
I have a build with mod_perl and a working php install?

Building Apache with mod_perl:

% tar xzvf apache_x.x.x.tar.gz
% tar xzvf mod_perl-x.xx.tar.gz
% cd mod_perl-x.xx
% perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_x.x.x/src USE_APACI=1  DO_HTTPD=1
EVERYTHING=1
% make && make test && make install
% cd ../apache_x.x.x
% make install

Building PHP with Apache:

1.  gunzip apache_xxx.tar.gz
2.  tar -xvf apache_xxx.tar
3.  gunzip php-xxx.tar.gz
4.  tar -xvf php-xxx.tar
5.  cd apache_xxx
6.  ./configure --prefix=/www --enable-module=so
7.  make
8.  make install
9.  cd ../php-xxx
10. ./configure --with-mysql --with-apxs=/www/bin/apxs
11. make
12. make install