On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:00:02 -0500
"Matthew S. Hallacy" <poptix at techmonkeys.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 09:46:27AM -0500, Shawn wrote:
> > Ahh, I forgot about that...  Stupid idiocies of those "distros"....
> >
> > Let's see....
> >
> > -Setup of funky groups on users (username:username)
>
> It's completely configurable, and has nothing to do with a particular
> distro.

True, but I was referring to "defaults"

> > -Doesn't take full path of user switching to, even though using the
> > "su -" command
>
> What?

On a Debian system, and others most likely although it's been a long time since I've touched other distros, if you want to su to the root account it doesn't by default load the pathing/profile.  Again, this is configurable, but it's annoying as all get out to me that you have to configure it.  Slackware, and the major Unix systems do this automatically.  Less typing, less front end configuration for something that should already be there.

> > -I seem to be forgetting something else.... Bloat maybe?
>
> It's only as bloated as you make it.

True.  But so many distros are coming with far more bloat.

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"