On Thursday 11 September 2003 11:22 pm, Tim Wilson wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> For some reason the sound on my SuSE 8.2 box has stopped working.
> Everything is plugged in properly. I checked the connections on the
> speakers and the fuse in the subwoofer. Neither the KDE control panel or
> Yast2 report any problems. The system beep still works. The sound card is a
> fairly old Creative Live! card the uses the emu10k1 kernel module which is
> loaded according to the lsmod output.
>
> When I play an MP3 using XMMS I see the bars of the spectrum analyzer
> rising and falling. The light on the satellite speakers goes on which
> usually indicates that they've turned on.
>
> I'm stumped. Any ideas?
>
> -Tim

Check volume levels with Kmix. I have noticed that if you happen to have the
audio muted when you shutdown the system it comes back with the volume all
the way down. Also setup the Kmix panel control to make it easier to adjust
this if it happens again. Not certain this is the situation but it has
happened to me.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com