http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/syqspar10gbi.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam MacDonald [mailto:smac at visi.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 4:30 PM
To: TC LUG
Subject: [TCLUG] Syquest SparQ 1 Gig Drive

Sniff, sniff   :'(   My SparQ drive is dead.

I can't power on my system with the power plugged in to the Sparq drive,

it turns the power off.  I have to unplug the power from the drive and
remove the power cord from the power supply, wait about 10 seconds and
plug the power cord in to get the system to start, not good. :-(

I have several disks (5) I need to get the data off of. Some of the data

is important for my home network.
OS's, drivers, and other stuff.
Does anyone have a SparQ that will read these 1 gig disks. The ideal
thing would be to burn the data to CD.  If someone can get the data to
CD from the Sparq disks, the Sparq disks are yours.  I don't have a CD
burner so I don't have CD's to burn, I don't even know how much blank
CD's cost.

I'll be at the install fest with my old 486 laptop to install linux on
it.  I'll bring my SparQ disks with me, anyone feel like rescuing some
data?

Sam.