The first version we tried would die every few days - but now we're
running 0.9-pre and it's been solid.  We're *only* doing LEAP for a couple
of clients with this, so I can't say much.

It does seem to have a lot more features than GNU - but GNU is rock-solid.
We're authenticating 1000's of users, news, and a handful of other stuff
against it and it's completely stable.  If you don't need any of the
blinkity FreeRadius features then GNU is probably the best way to go.

I think the only reason we switched from Livingston was for VSA support
with our USR gear - otherwise that was solid, albeit crusty.  We ended up
running a copy that had more than a few /* Adam's changes here */ comments
:)

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 amy at real-time.com wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 04:27:50PM -0500, Adam Maloney (adamm at sihope.com) wrote:
> > We use GNU primarily, and FreeRadius elsewhere.  Both work great, and
> > quite a nice breath of fresh air from Livingston :)
>
> Is FreeRadius ready for production?  According to the website it's beta.
>
> --
> Amy Tanner
> amy at real-time.com

Adam Maloney