Make sure both users have a umask of "002"
(and not "022"). Usually set in "/etc/bashrc" or
"~/.bashrc" on RHL.

As 'root':
# mkdir /home/share
# chgrp users /home/share
# chmod g+rwxs /home/share

Now files and directories created in the
shell environment will 'do the right thing',
but GUI shells might need tweaking, and
access via Samba or Netatalk will need
more configuration ("force create mode"
and "force directory mode").

>>> peter-clark at bethel.edu 09/10/03 11:53AM >>>
	Is there a way to specify that all files created in a certain
directory
should belong to a certain group and be writable by that group? I'd like
share (locally) a directory with my wife and have everything in that
directory modifiable by either of us automatically, without having to
chown
and chmod new files every time. Both of us belong to group 'users', so all
really need to know is how to specify that all new files in the directory

must belong to group 'users' and have g+rw access.
	Thanks,
	:Peter