        :0c
        ! <myphonenumber>@mobile.att.net

        :0
        ! myuserid at server.com
    }

I'm not sure how well AT&T filters emails, but T-Mobile's SMS Gateway
doesn't clean up some header fields very well.  Additionally, the
"Subject:" and "From:" headers count against your total character count.

    :0E
    * < 1024
    * ^From: \/.*
    {
        # Grab the from address from \/ match above
        FROM=$MATCH

        # Send copy to final destination
        :0c
        ! myuserid at server.com

        # Generate autoreply -- strips headers, and keep body.
        # Override "From: "
        :0 fw
        | formail -r -k -I "From: $FROM"

            # Now, let's cut the body down to 150 bytes (one byte/char)
            :0 abfw
            | head -c 150

            # Cut out the "Subject:" & "To:" headers -- may not be
            # necesary
            #:0 ahfw
            #| sed -e '/^\(To\|Subject\):.*/ d'

            # and send it on its way -- not important if body snip
            # didn't work
            :0
            ! <myphonenumber>@mobile.att.net
    } #CAUTION, UNTESTED