On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 01:30:33AM +0600, Mark Courtney wrote:
> Could somebody recommend a Linux "HyperTerminal" equivalent so I can
> configure my Cisco router using the management cable?  It would sure make
> things a lot easier for me than having to drag the router over to a Windows
> machine.
>
> It would be cool if the program would run without X.

I used to use minicom for this sort of thing, but once I
learned that screen does it too, I never went back.  Screen
9 is perpetually connected to my Cisco via ttyS0.

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota