Tom Wurdock wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I ran Bastille Linux to try and harden up my system.  Now I can't login
> to KDE as root, not can I run/view certain programs.

Why would you want to log into KDE as root in the first place?  If you
want to do rootly things, you should go to a command line and use "su"
or "sudo".  "man su" or "man sudo" at the command line for more
information.

That said, i'm sure there are ways in kde to do root things in the
control panel or whatever without actually logging in as root.  doesn't
it prompt you for a password?  I don't run KDE so I don't know, but you
shouldn't ever need to log in as root.

dan