I'm not sure what the plan is, but since you are asking for a word processor
I'm guessing you are a bit uncertain.

If you are wanting to set up a number of workstations at a given location,
have mostly older slower computers, and have one somewhat faster computer
it is definitely worth looking into the LTSP project (www.ltsp.org).

I have fairly ancient terminal hardware here (nothing later than 1994),
and a dual athlon 1400 application server, and we can launch StarOffice
in just a couple of seconds.  Running StarOffice is snappy.

Your users also get to share the filesystem and any printers attached
to the main box without having to do anything...

LTSP is an incredibly good way to stretch your cash.

Kent