Bruce Broecker
Network Comm Supervisor
The Toro Company

>>> scot+tcluggen at thinkunix.net 09/04/03 05:09PM >>>
>I called AT&T wireless customer serivce at 1-800-888-7600 and asked
>about this.  I was told that the number I had qpage dialing was through
>a 3rd party company that is now out of business and that the service was
>officially discontinued as of Aug 31, 2003.  It worked for me up until
>yesteday, so I suspect the accountants and auditors are on site
>reclaiming equipment today ;)

>AT&T said I should use their SMS messaging via the following URL:
>http://www.mobile.att.net/messagecenter/

That's great, but what about the case when I've got a critical outage and I want to
notify myself or my staff? The webpage doesn't do me a lot of good if I can't reach it.

Anybody got any suggestions? I finally got the modem installed into our monitoring
system and now I find out that the TAP access numbers are no good anymore.