I called AT&T wireless customer serivce at 1-800-888-7600 and asked
about this.  I was told that the number I had qpage dialing was through
a 3rd party company that is now out of business and that the service was
officially discontinued as of Aug 31, 2003.  It worked for me up until
yesteday, so I suspect the accountants and auditors are on site
reclaiming equipment today ;)

AT&T said I should use their SMS messaging via the following URL:
http://www.mobile.att.net/messagecenter/

The website puts the message directly into the SMS queue which is faster
then emailing <10-digit-cellphone-number>@mobile.att.net.  I just tested
it and got the message just seconds after I hit the send button.  So far
so good.  Now to revamp my notification messaging...

--
scot