Quoting Johnny Fulcrum <johnnyfulcrum at mn.rr.com>:

> But I don't get a new ip address on my Linux eth0 - it's static on my LAN
> (192.168.0.XXX), the gateway (D-link) gets a new WAN ip address like every
> 3 - 12 hours (lately)... Road Runner must be moving Netblocks or
> something...
>
> I'd need to query the gateway (switch, firewall,D-link do-hicky - whatever-
> it's-called)for it's WAN ip

The DynDNS site suggests one possibility at
http://www.dyndns.org/services/dyndns/faq.html#80

Look for the question "How can I determine my IP address if I'm behind a router
or firewall?" Another option is to use the DynDNS (or similar) service. The cost
isn't unreasonable IMHO for the convenience it provides.

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson
Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA