On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:40:29 -0500 (CDT), Jim Streit
<jimstreit at northlans.com> wrote:

> Sure can, I have a couple of perl scripts and cron jobs.  System checkes
> every 5 minutes, if the ip address of eth0 is different the the one
> stored
> in a text file it will e-mail me the new address, and update the text
> file.

But I don't get a new ip address on my Linux eth0 - it's static on my LAN
(192.168.0.XXX), the gateway (D-link) gets a new WAN ip address like every
3 - 12 hours (lately)... Road Runner must be moving Netblocks or
something...

I'd need to query the gateway (switch, firewall,D-link do-hicky - whatever-
it's-called)for it's WAN ip