I am going crazy here trying to get a wep key that was installed on my
laptop by my school for use with windows xp pro.

I have installed a linux partition and would like to use my school's
wireless network but they "only support windows xp pro" and will not
give me the key for use with linux (or any other OS).

I have tried using Airsnort with no luck (I captured millions of packets
with not one interesting packet) and have scoured the windows registry
looking for a key, also with no luck.

I am assuming that the key is either stored in a file somewhere on the
hdd or within the card itself.

I am sure that if I do eventually find it, it will be in an encrypted
form, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

The card is a Dell Truemobile 1150 miniPCI (orinoco) deal on a Dell
Latitude c640

any help is appreciated

LB