when last we saw our hero (Tuesday, Sep 02, 2003),
 David Dyer-Bennet was madly tapping out:
> steve ulrich <sulrich at botwerks.org> writes:
>
> > when last we saw our hero (Tuesday, Sep 02, 2003),
> >  Adam Maloney was madly tapping out:
> > > *shrug*
> > >
> > > Registrant:
> > > Country Inn & Suites (COUNTRYINNSUITES-DOM)
> > >    1204 S. Ramsey
> > >    Shakopee, MN 55379
> > >    US
> > >    Domain servers in listed order:
> > >
> > >    NS1.SIHOPE.COM               207.195.195.185
> > >    NS2.SIHOPE.COM               207.195.195.186
> > >    NS3.SIHOPE.COM               207.195.195.187
> > >
> > > But we have nothing to do with their room access...
> >
> > all nameservers in 1 netblock?  doesn't that raise eyebrows?
>
> I suppose it should, but I admit I do it myself for a lot of my
> domains.  Not having servers off my premises, it's much the easiest
> thing to do.  And if my single link is down, I don't really *care*
> all that much whether anybody else can resolve my names.

ok - if all of my name servers are offline i tend to worry about mail
bouncing due to an inability to resolve an MX.  of course you're
probably popular enough to enjoy the privilege of everyone caching
your MX.   ;-)   *shrug* oddly enough, spammers might make that none
too far from the truth.

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC