You can also control your IRQs manually for PCI devices.
This is more work but it is an option.
In the book it says you can assign one of the "INT Pins" to a specific IRQ
What slot = "INT Pin" is the NIC in.

Turn off LPT2,  it's taking IRQ 5 from what it says in the book.
Assign the slot with the NIC in it to IRQ5.
Set the rest to Auto.

You can always set the system to use default and start over.

Sam.