On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:21:50 -0600 (CST)
Munir Nassar <nassarmu at redconcepts.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Shawn wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I'm just anal about my systems and not letting people on
> > them.  Not because I'm hiding things, but because I don't want my
> > configs messed up.
>
> If your configs are so easily broken, maybe you are doing something
> wrong.

By configs, I wasn't referring to configuration files.  I meant the way the system is configured in terms of desktop settings, layout, etc...  Windows on the other hand, anyone can use and break it.  I'm not doing anything wrong, I know how to set a box up.

Nate wrote:
>If you only let them on the Linux box, and create an account especially for them, is it really so bad? What's the worse they can do?  :)
>
>Windows, on the other hand... let's not go there.

Exactly, Nate.  But, he was talking about how she likes to "move from box to box."  Thus why I asked what I did.  Why does she?  If a system was setup specifically for guest users, such as what I'm going to be doing in terms of LTSP, then you don't have to worry about it.  That's it, the only system she and other guests will ever be on.  No muss, no fuss.  If there is, sorry you get nothing!

As I stated: "I anal about my systems."

--
Shawn

 "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of fear."
	-Mark Twain

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"