On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:04:43PM -0500, Perry Hoekstra (dutchman_mn at charter.net) wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:14:50 -0600
> Quick question for the Debianers out there.  To do a net
> install of a minimum Debian system, do I need all the
> floppies listed (I think there is 20)?  I know when I did
> a net install of RH 6.2 way back when, it was like a three
> floppy set.

All you really need is the "rescue" image, and the "root" image.  The rescue
image boots, the root image is your root filesystem for install.  If you have
a network card not apart of the install kernel, you may need some drivers, but
I never ran into that (mostly common hardware).  Then just select your source
from the net somewhere.  I have found its easier to just use a minimal CD, but
it does about the same.

Jay

--
Jay Kline