Troy.A Johnson writes:
> Yes, on Linux and FreeBSD (which would be closer to
> "on topic", I suppose), but others do get a boost now:
> Win*, Solaris, and NetWare at least.

It should put their performance on par with that of Linux or FreeBSD.

>  Even if I don't
> "like" it so much, if it is as efficient as you say, and not a
> PITN configuration-wise, I might want to use it as a
> light weight 1st stage server. Is that an easy task with
> Zeus?

Zeus is advertised as the fastest web server available.  If you're using
Zeus, there is no reason to use anything else.  It does everything.  It is
easy to configure using the included web interface (though everything can be
scripted from the command line).

> How well does it integrate with Perl? ;-)

Zeus is compatible with Apache mod_perl:

http://www.zeus.com/products/zws/dynamic/languages.html#mod_perl

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/