Oops.  Got that switched around backwords.  <slams forehead against desk>

OK, then what you could do is modify the Makefile in the 2.4.20-19.8 sources.
Modify the "EXTRAVERSION" line to:

EXTRAVERSION = -2.2

Then compile the module.

Since both are based on the same base kernel it shouldn't be a problem.

On Tuesday 28 October 2003 04:12 pm, Perry Hoekstra wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 16:23, Ben Maas wrote:
> > The only way to do it is to disable "Module version checking" in the
> > kernel. Of course you'd have to recompile the kernel to do that.  In that
> > case you might as well just compile the ntfs.o module from the
> > 2.4.20-19.8 sources. Confused yet? :-)
> >
> > If you have the 2.4.20-19.8 kernel sources you should be able to build
> > just the modules without having to rebuild the whole kernel.  If you need
> > help doing that, let me know.
>
> Why would I want to build the ntfs module from the 2.4.20-19-8 sources?
> I have the module from that build.  The problem is that I am running a
> 2.4.20-2.2 kernel that I don't have the source for.  Therefore I can't
> compile the ntfs module for a 2.4.20-2.2 environment.
>
> Perry Hoekstra

Ben Maas - Technology Architect
Open Technology Systems, LLC
eMail: bmaas at open-techsys.com