The only way to do it is to disable "Module version checking" in the kernel.
Of course you'd have to recompile the kernel to do that.  In that case you
might as well just compile the ntfs.o module from the 2.4.20-19.8 sources.
Confused yet? :-)

If you have the 2.4.20-19.8 kernel sources you should be able to build just
the modules without having to rebuild the whole kernel.  If you need help
doing that, let me know.

On Tuesday 28 October 2003 03:46 pm, Perry Hoekstra wrote:
> Is it possible to use a module compiled for a different level of the
> OS?  I am running 2.4.20-2.2 and I am trying to load an ntfs driver. I
> receive the following:
>
> ntfs.o was compiled for kernel version 2.4.20-19.8 while this kernel is
> version 2.4.20-2.2
>
> I can't compile the driver from source because I don't happen to have
> the source on this box and I can't find a copy of 2.4.20-2.2 anywhere on
> the net.
>
> If I can, how do I load the module?
>
> Perry Hoekstra

Ben Maas - Technology Architect