Luckily I wasn't trying to do anything urgent; but I discovered that I
can't get a telnet connect to the 675 router connecting my house to
the internet.  Data is flowing through the router, I can ping it, and
Cisco Commander can get into it and show me all sorts of stats.  I
just can't get a telnet connect.  I'm sure I didn't turn off telnet
the last time I messed with it (I probably blocked it to inside IPs
only, but my failing telnet connects are from an inside IP).  I'm
pretty sure I *did* turn off the web interface, and I can't get any
web connect to the router either.

I get an immediate rejection of some sort ("Connection to host lost"
from windows telnet), not a timeout.

I haven't tried to do this since I installed Windows 2000 on my new
computer; but I get the failure from other computers, too.  I don't
get as far as being asked for a password (and I've got the right
password, I gave it to Cisco Commander to get that connection
working).

Anybody have any clever ideas?

(Yes, I know where the serial cable is if it comes to that.)
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <dd-b at dd-b.net>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>