On 10/23 11:38 , Josh Trutwin wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:03:56 -0500
> Clay Fandre <clay at fandre.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone know if it's possible to backup a Win2k system with Mondo?

mondo used to have support for backing up arbitrary OS partitions, including
being able to write a bootloader for Windows. (Hugo Rabson wrote his own
bootloader tool for windows, so that restores would work right for it).

he has since removed the code, since it could concievably be used to clone
Windows images; and he doesn't want the hot legal water that could entail.

this spawned a long and legalistic thread on the mondo-devel mailing list;
if you're interested in the details, try consulting that.

this information is a bit out of date and incomplete tho; I largely ignored
the whole buisness since I don't have any Windows partitions that I want to
back up. (Windows really ought to be reinstalled on a regular basis anyway).
So don't blame me too hard if you later find out I'm wrong. :)

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises