On Monday 20 October 2003 07:45 pm, David Phillips wrote:
> Ben Maas writes:
> > I had a capacitor blow on a 4 month old motherboard earlier this
> > year.  I started to smell smoke and started sniffing around the
> > computers.  After pulling the power cords out of the back of Eridor I
> > got the case open just in time to see two capacitors fading from a
> > nice bright orange.
>
> I had that happen on an Abit BP6.  The board still worked for at least six
> months after that.

Yeah, this was an Abit board well (K7A-RAID maybe?), but this one didn't work
after it blew.  It cascaded into two other capacitors, rupturing the first
one.  Processor, RAM, and all cards were recoverable though, so at least
wasn't a complete loss.

--

Ben Maas - Technology Architect
Open Technology Systems, LLC