On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 07:51:14AM -0500, Sam MacDonald wrote:
> Cancel the cable or dish subscription, turn off the TV.  Read to each
> other, go for a walk, make love,  anything,  just stop participating
> in the third person.

I concur.  My wife and I canceled our cable subscription once we
realized that we were TLC addicts.  We would spend hours watching
"Trading Spaces" and "Junkyard Wars" and little time talking to each
other.

We still have a television with poor reception, since I have yet to put
up a roof antenna.  We still find time to watch "Angel", "Scrubs", and
"Friends", but we usually tape them and watch them on the weekends.

I enjoy football, as does my wife, but it is not the center of our
lives. ;-)

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/