I remember the original poster stating that he/she hasn't opened the
case in some time, and that a different background stopped the random
reboots.

Another lister suggested this could be because the different background
doesn't require use of swap and or memory. (At least it was something
like that.)

Therefore, I submit that perhaps the person should open the case and
reseat components, especially the RAM. Using proper static safeguard
procedures of course.

I recently was getting memory errors with a machine that has 4 - 32Meg
SIMMs. I tested all 4 in their original config and got and error. I
removed two and tested with no errors. Then started swapping them around
and testing and got no errors. Finally, I reinstalled all the SIMMS and
tested with no errors.

I know from experience that sometimes SIMMs and DIMMs will flake out and
a simple "pull and reseat" will solve the problem.
--
Todd Young
7079 Dawn Ave. E.