On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 15:00:25 -0500
Jay Austad <austad at signal15.com> wrote:

> How can a I burn a mac .dmg image under linux and still have it
> bootable?

Welcome to the world of proprietary CDrom image files. Unless you can find a linux tool that will either parse that image, or natively support it, you are probably screwed.

See also: .nrg, .ccd, .cdi, .mds

There is a library in development called 'discmage', but I have been unable to successfully get it to rip any of my proprietary test images. Others have reported success.

http://libdiscmage.berlios.de/

If you are able to extract the tracks, you can use cdrecord to manually master a bootable cd from the raw tracks. YMMV if we are talking Mac bootable, I'm not sure if MacOS bootable CDs are of the eltorito type.

-L