I'm too lazy to look for a link right now, but the guy who runs the
Smoothwall project is a complete prick.  The only reason they have a free
version is because he realizes he has to abide by the GPL.  Somewhere out
there, people have posted email and IRC logs of conversations with the guy,
he's a tool.

Awhile back, I got into a fight with him because I was going to add SCSI
support to their "free" version, something that you only get when you buy
their corporate version.  Needless to say, he sucks.  I found IPCop soon
after and switched, and I didn't have to do anything really special to get
it to work on my scsi only box.