I've got an SS20 that's about to go out with our computer recycling. Was working when pulled from service.

Let me know SOON if you want it.

Bruce

Bruce Broecker
Network Comm Supervisor
The Toro Company

>>> adamm at sihope.com 10/13/03 08:55AM >>>
That reminds me.

I have an SS-20 that died on me (SCSI controller on mainboard released
the magic blue smoke).  If anyone wants to salvage any of the parts for
a really good price, please let me know.

I believe I had:

256MB RAM
(2) 90MHz Ross HyperSparc processors
(2) small (1 or 2GB) SCSI disks
(1) drivesled
(1) drivesled made of lego's, rubber bands, and a piece of paper*

And obviously, the SS20 pizza box, NVRAM, and dead board

*Piece of paper not included.  Lego(tm) drivesled also compatible with
the IBM PS/2 and DEC Avanti systems.  Lego is a registered trademark of
Lego Corporation, Denmark.  May void warranty.  Piece of paper may catch
fire.  WARNING: Use of Lego drive-sled may attract Lego-men, Lego-women,
and Lego-horses, which could result in a small but advanced Lego
civilization forming in your computer.  Safe and humane removal of Lego
villages is the customer's responsibility.

I also seem to be stockpiling SBus framebuffers.  I must have half a
dozen at least, and I've never bothered to purchase the Sun->VGA
adapter, so I've always just pulled them out of my boxes and threw them
into storage.

I really got the shaft on this thing.  I bought it at a really good
price a couple of years ago, and decided to double the ram and buy a
second processor for it.  About 3 months after the upgrade the board
died.  Rather than try and replace the board, I just moved to an Ultra
and left the SS20 in the closet.  If anyone wants to try and find an
SS-20 board, I'll part with the system as-is cheap.  Or if you know
where I can get a *really* good deal on the board myself, I may buy it
and resurrect the machine at home.

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 16:05, Michael H. Jentges wrote:
> I likely have something in that range, but I think it cost me more like
> $30 from eBay, and I can sell it to a customer for that (eventually) so
> I can't see letting go for less.  Whether that makes me stupid or not, I
> don't know but if you want to look at something like that just holler
> and I'll pillage the piles. Perhaps you have something to trade? IIRC,
> you had some stuff a while back?
>
> I could REALLY use some sparc5 bits and pieces.   :)
>
> Drivesled(s) & RAM. Not a whole heap, these are just
> experimental/educational machines.
>
> BTW, does anyone know if they need a video card physically installed to
> run or does it blow by that because of the serial console thing?
>
> Thanks...
>
> -mj
>
> Sam MacDonald wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have a 10 - 20 gig (used) hard disk?
> > I'll can pay $20 for it.  I'm afraid the old SCSI disks in my machine
> > are going to die.
> >
> > Sam

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator