On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 04:19:59 -0500
Eric Lofstad <crc1021 at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Not much response so far, and all from admin types.  Does anyone use
> programs that don't just administer computers?

So far, most of the programs that I use on Linux are basic programs/utilities that are included with the kernel/ditros but aren't extra packages.  Someone mentioned going into /usr/bin and doing man against the various commands there, something which I try and do from time to time.  Otherwise, packages/programs that I use outside of this are:

Acroreader
Open Office
gkrellm
Sylpheed (GUI mail.  sorry, don't like mutt or pine)
X-CDRoast

> A while back I was looking for a 3D Cad program to play around with
> some remodeling ideas.  The best I found was Cycas (www.cycas.de).  I
> still found it a little lacking.  Are there better ones out there?
> Ideally it would have a good library of components (doors, windows,
> furniture,etc), allow for easy changes on the fly (stretch a wall),
> and have texture ability.  To top it off, it should allow for a real
> time Doom-like walk through (blowing up the potted plants would be a
> nice option).

I'll have to check this out.  I've been looking for a relatively decent CAD program.  How is it for ease of use?

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"