> If you think you need a license to install software on computer hardware
> that you OWN, then you are seriously misinformed.  If you own the hardware,
> you can do whatever you want with it.  Leased hardware might be a different
> issue, depending on your contract.

It was late, I guess I should have been a little more specific.  Cobalt would void your warrenty and support contract if you tinkered with the box at all.  I was looking for a server where the vendor doesn't care if you decide to install Windows Me on the thing.  My only real experience with server hardware unfortunately is with these Cobalts and my own rolled HW, so my perspective is a bit different.  I did manage to get Debian Linux built on one of the Raq4's (I even think I asked this list for some assisstance about a year back, no replies though...) but it was a nightmare and Cobalt will not support the box and its warrenty is now void.  No matter now because Debian is on it and it's more stable than it ever was, but if I wasn't able to finish the install, I had a completely worthless 1U server running nothing.

> Webmin seems to be popular.  There are also a number of cheap integrated
> control panels available.  Several products have their own web interface.
> And, alternatively, you could roll your own.

I have my own that I use in my hosting environment.  It's not complete, but it suits my purposes.  My hope is that the guy I'm doing this for will pay me to finish up my custom CP for use on his new server.

> We buy a lot of our hardware at mwave.com.  They have good prices, good
> service and a decent selection.  You can order hardware assembled and tested
> from them for an extra fee.

I had great luck with mwave until recently, got a bad video card.  Was bound to happen sooner or later.

Josh