Yes it will. I've got one in a [Gateway] tower downstairs right now. Yes,
you need the cpqarray module for the card, and it shows devices under
/dev/ida/disc?/disc where 'disc?' is a disc number starting at 0, and
represents a logical disc on your array. I think. I set mine up with only
one partition but have 3, the third (disc2) is by far the largest (i.e. the
one I created.) I'm pretty sure I just used LVM (Linux Volume Manager)
utilities to partition the drive, too. (Just striped the drives, so I don't
know if it would work with setting up RAID5 or something.)

John

http://www.mn-linux.org tclug-list at mn-linux.org