(question's for David Schiff)

Scot Jenkins wrote:
> that box looks perfect!
>
> You can probably remove the tape drive and SCSI card.  I doubt we'll
If you take the tape drive out, that would be ok but if you want to
leave it in, I'll probably take it out and give it away at the next fest.
I would prefer if you left the scsi card in since it gives us the option
of adding a bunch of drives. If we can replace the smaller drive with
something about 10 times it's size then we would be in FAT city. Ok,
maybe ext3 city. :-)
> need them during an installfest.
>
> - How much RAM does the box have?  I would recommend 64MB as a minimum
>   more is better.
True. I'm hoping it has a lot of slots and that they are DIMM. It would
be nice to max it out. Do you know what the max is?
> - add the CDRW drive that Rick mentioned
You bet!
> - add a 2nd NIC and set the box up for NAT
I'm sure someone can donate a NIC, they run around $3!
> - install a dhcp server
> - install a caching dns server
I'm hoping to get some help setting the thing up.

> setup following services for installs; for ease of use, I would not
> require passwords or get too restrictive when setting these up:
> - ftp
> - http (apache)
> - NFS
> - samba

Well, we may not get to everything before the next fest. We may do some
of it AT the fest. ;-)

> partitioning:
> 4.8 GB disk (root/boot disk): make one swap 2-3 x RAM and rest for /
> 30 GB all one journalled partition; put all the isos here

I'd like to scare up a couple of EIDE disks over 20 Gig so we don't have
to bother with SCSI.

--
Eric (Rick) Meyerhoff
rick at eworld3.net