On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:09:34 -0500
"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy at veldy.net> wrote:

> I don't think you read my mail correctly.  I said that the alternate
> kernels during install failed because the incorrect modules were
> installed.  The only way I could get the proper modules was to rebuild
> the kernel from source myself.

My bad.
I guess I was reacting to this statement:
"I think Slackware breaks handily when you take it off the well trodden
path."
Being such a big fan of Slackware, I thought I ought to respond.
I've not installed slack with anything but the default kernel. I guess I
would install the default, then once yer system is up and running, nab
the kernel source you need, and build that.
All rather plain and simple.
But you're right, I did not read your email correctly.

--
               -Kevin Hinze

rudie at rudie.net     |  rudie at sihope.com
hinz0047 at tc.umn.edu |  http://rudie.net

Democracy: two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for lunch
Liberty: a well armed sheep expressing his rights.