Michael wrote:
> Does anyone know if mailx comes with RedHat 8.0?  If it does which package is it in?  Does annyone know how I can find this info myself? I'm sure there must be a command somewhere in Linux that tell you what is installed and which package they belong to and which is not installed ... etc

RedHat uses RPM for package management.

# this gives you a list of all packages that are installed
$ rpm -qa |sort

# find which package a program belongs to (assumming program is
# installed)
$ rpm -qf /bin/mail
mailx-<version>

"man rpm" or "rpm --help" for more info

Also, if you're looking for something that's not already installed,
http://rpmfind.net/ is handy.
--
scot