> If you could get a cheap UDMA33 hard drive or a cheap SCSI RAID setup
> for this application, which would you use?

	Single UDMA vs SCSI RAID? This is actually one application where I feel SCSI is justified. If you're considering better discs, it's because you want to have multiple read/writes happening simultaneously. This is the one function that IDE still doesn't have that SCSI has, the ability to execute several commands at once. I think a single older SCSI drive may outperform a newer IDE drive in this application, and possibly an IDE RAID. (not sure if the multiple command thing is on a per-bus basis or a per-drive basis...)

Matt