On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:41:08 -0800 (PST)
jack at jacku.com wrote:

> The other thing that Josh mentioned that I'll second is hardware
> recognition. I purchased and AverMedia TV tuner card and YaST picked it up
> and configured it with out any hassle.

Avermedia TV 98?  That's the card that SuSE recognized for me that no other Linux at the time was able to.  :)  I even got Lirc working so you can use the remote control, sort of.

I guess I really shouldn't diss Yast that much, I just NEVER use it once it's up and running, which I guess in and of itself speaks to SuSE's stability as an OS.

Josh