On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:40:20 -0500
AIRPLANEIT at aol.com wrote:

> How do I find out where in /dev directory my palm pilot is
> connecting? It seems every distribution assigns it to a different
> ttyUSB*, and now I'm using Yellowdog, where there are 30 different
> possibilities.

I'm not sure...  What does it show when you do a long listing of
the/dev directory?  You might be able to see a link pointing to
something.

Personally, this is one of my pet peeves of Linux.  Why does it put
all possible device names in therre when in actuality, only a handful
are used at one time?  If I've got two harddrives in the system, I
only want to see the /dev/hda and /dev/hdb or /dev/sda and /dev/sdb
devices listed in the /dev/directory.  I shouldn't have to dig around
and hope I've got the right device...

--
Shawn

 "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of
fear."
	-Mark Twain

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"