On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:11:45 -0600
Rick Meyerhoff <rick at eworld3.net> wrote:

> Is this what you mean, because it doesn't work:
>
> domain localdomain              # i think i need this?
> nameserver 206.144.175.121      # ISPs primary DNS server
> nameserver 206.144.175.124      # ISPs secondary DNS server
> nameserver 192.168.1.3          #IPCop
>
> Oh, I have /etc/hosts entries on Mandrake, will they get in the way?
> Did I mention that I'm sorta clueless when it comes to networking. I'm
> working with this to try to get a clue.

Rick, try adding a line to your /etc/resolv.conf such as:
search yourispdomain.com

Your /etc/hosts entries shouldn't interfere with the resolv.conf entries, UNLESS your IP's are different between them.  Take a look at the last line you have above, is that the correct IP of your IPCop system?  Or is it different?

--
Shawn

 "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of fear."
	-Mark Twain

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"