On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:52:29 -0600
Erik Anderson <erik at andersonfam.org> wrote:

> EBDA stands for "Linux Extended Data Area".  Aside from that info -
> nada.

Err, I believe EBDA == Extended Bios Data Area..

Usually, it's just a couple of bytes too large. This is an error I have heard of several times recently, but haven't heard any solutions. I do have some half-baked conjectures on it tho.

I'm guessing that this area contains the vectors that LILO uses to deal with extended (large) disk geometry (like the 13h extension). If the area is the incorrect size, it might be stumping LILO on where to find the information it needs to determine the geometry of the disk.

Did you dig into the LILO docs, to see if you can push EBDA info on it? Also, fwiw, I suspect that this system might be bootable from a floppy or other media.. you did get it set up and all.. temp workaround?

-L